Pages

Sunday, 13 October 2013

On the move again

I don't know if I want to live in this town forever, but my boyfriend has just started a new job so we're here for at least another year, I've decided that if I'm going to continue to live up here, I may aswell pay a mortgage as pay rent. During the last five years, I've lived in five different houses and my rent has been as much as - if not more than - mortgage payments. So, I decided to look for a house. I haven't been looking long but I've already struck lucky.
 
It's a 1930s semi-detached with two bedrooms plus an unofficial attic room, a wood burner, thick walls and original wooden internal doors. It has a garage, a driveway and front and back gardens. It's near the town centre and even nearer to the beach. I got it for less than the asking price, plus as I'm currently renting, there's no chain. So its all good.
 
The sale isn't finalised yet so I can't post any pictures, but here's the view from less than a minute from my front door (excuse the smudges, my camera sensor is dirty).
 
 
I don't get the keys for another fortnight but I've already started packing and am already pissed off from being surrounded with boxes. I know I don't own a lot of stuff compared to some people, but for some reason when its all condensed, it somehow multiplies.
 
There may therefore be a hiatus from here while I get settled and organised, and get the broadband shifted. But I'll be back. Here's to the next chapter.

9 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I do love a 1930s house, I can't wait to see photos. Congratulations and good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There will definitely be photos soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finding something so soon! Hope it all works out like you want it and good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness me! This is very exciting! And that VIEW. Wow. Congratulations, can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know, its amazing, isn't it? So exciting!

      Delete
  4. Wow, so cool!! Am really happy for you:-) It sounds lovely and ideal in so many ways. The boxes are only a little thing to cope with in the long scheme of things and the end product will be a lovely place of your own.

    That view is amazing:-)xx

    ReplyDelete