Pages

Saturday, 5 April 2014

Strange conversations with my sister #234

*My mobile rings*

Me: Hello?

Col: Hi (In a slightly panicked sounding whisper). I'm at Mum's house. A phone call from John just came through on the house phone!

Me: What? He's dead!

Col: I know!

Me: And what...well, what happened?

Col: Nothing, I didn't answer.

Me: So how do you know it was him?

Col: It was his name and phone number that came up on the screen.

Me: Right. And you don't think there's a possibility it could have been his son calling? They did live in the same house.

Col: Oh yeah. Maybe.

Me: I'm going to go with definitely.....

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was so funny when she clicked!! :)

      Delete
  2. That premise would make a brilliant start to a novel... *just saying* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I have a request rather than a comment but I can't contact you via the 'contact icon' on your blog homepage. I know its been ages since I commented on your blog but I do still take a peek and was wondering if as a fellow writer, you fancy signing up for The Writing Process Blog Tour and sharing a little about yourself and your own writing process? It is a great networking opportunity and very simple to set up. Apologies if you have already taken part. Let me know what you think. My email address is heidijo.swain@btinternet.com or you can get in touch via my blog www.h-writersblog.blogspot.com I hope the idea appeals! H-J

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great!! It really made me chuckle:-)

    ReplyDelete